Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pantry Cheffing: New experiments

The first is from the time last month that I was obsessed with kesong puti. I put it in everything: rolled up tortilla cigarillos with chopped mushrooms & garlic, heated raclette-style with sauteed onions and, how could I resist, stuffed in the middle of 4-season spiced meatball. Ground beef mixed with egg, shredded carrots, garlic, onions, breadcrumbs toasted with steak seasoning, pepper, & garlic powder... rolled into balls then stuffed with kesong puti. And when I ran out, stuffed with pepperjack cheese instead.

The other one is my take on a recipe I saw on some Jamaican cooking show. Their one uses coconut rum and as I didn't have any, I used Mezcal and decided this dish would be called "Shrimp on my Island" if people liked it. If they didn't, there would be no need to name the dish because I would never make it again. It features brown sugar, pineapples, red peppers, shrimp and a healthy splash of tequila.

For photos check out: http://kagey.multiply.com/photos/album/374/Snaps_from_the_Pantry_Chef#

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home