Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Cherry Ripe, Berry Good

A brief history on how this package of chocolately goodness came into my life.

I belong to a Travel message board composed of similarly itchy-footed human beings from all over the world. Over the years, I've gotten fairly close to quite a number of them. Some I've met in person, others I only correspond with through email and instant messenger. We've traded books, postcards, and the odd gift or two. One good friend even sent me a berimbau all the way from Brasil (muito obrigada Apollo!).

The most recent project we launched was a food exchange. Someone picked someone from another country the two then sent each other a package of food 'native' to their area. In my packet I sent over sinigang mix, dried mangoes, pili nuts, ampalaya tea and chocnut to someone in Oz.

In the packet sent to me was an assortment of Ozzie goodies. Among them, a small bar of Cherry Ripe by Cadbury. I immediately fell in love with its mix of chocolate, cherries and dried coconut. So enamored was I that when my mom went to Australia all I asked her to bring home for me was more cherry ripe chocolates. And she did. Two bags. Two. Whole. Bags. That's 40 pieces of lovely lovely cherry ripe chocolate bars. Woot! Woot!

I might even share them with my friends.

And that is all I have to say.

Heehee.

1 Comments:

Blogger DreamCatcher said...

u share with me the goodness too? *beautiful eyes to kagey*

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home