Thursday, September 01, 2005

Teotihuacan, Mexico

This is an attempt to get the Mexico trip into bite-sized pieces.

We took the trip down to Teotihuacan. The 2,000-year-old city that the Aztecs named but did not build. The ancient site of the Temple of the Feathered Serpent, the Piramide del Sol and, of course, the Piramide dela Luna.

A city filled with whispers of the past, existing in a country moving towards the future. (From one of the pyramids, you can see a shopping center)

The vastness of Teotihuacan is best appreciated from up high. And so we climbed to the peak of the Piramide dela Luna, where legends (and countless tour guides) dictate that one must raise one's hands to the sun to gather its energy.

Wanting not to disappointed tradition (or any tour guides) I raised my hands skyward.

I closed my eyes. The wind was cool against my skin. The sun, warm against my face. And, truly feeling deeply connected to the earth… I pulled out my zips and let the energy flow through me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I live my life in growing orbits,
which move out over the things of this world.
Perhaps I never can achieve the last,
but that will be my attempt.

I am circling around God,
around the ancient tower,
and I have been circling for a thousand years.

And I still do not know,
if I am a Falcon,
or a storm,
or a great song.

--Rainier Maria Rilke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home